RHEA Group is currently recruiting a Software Engineer to join our team of seasoned experts with diverse background based at the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, United Kingdom.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies within the earth observation domain. RHEA currently participates in unique projects from the UK Space Agency (UKSA), European Space Agency (ESA), NATO and the European Commission.
- Contribute to the research and development of a new set of earth observation related products.
- Collaborate, in an Agile development environment, with our team of software engineers and architects throughout the development process.
- Implement code that conforms to performance, security and quality standards.
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s in computer science, mathematics or a related field with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- You have experience in the following:
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB (or other NoSQL database)
- Environment: Linux, Bash scripting, NodeJS
- Data experience: analysis of datasets with Python libraries such as numpy, scikit, pandas, or any other library.
- Queues systems: Redis, RabbitMQ, AWS SNS or any other queue system.
- Deployment: Docker images, nginx, apache.
The following skills are not essential, but would be beneficial:
- You have some of the following experiences:
- Data Cubes: Open Data Cube or Rasdaman
- GIS experience
- Big data (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
- Machine Learning (e.g. Tensorflow)
- AWS administration
Relevant areas of background for strong applications could be:
- Satellite data processing (Optical / Radar)
- Image processing
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.