Software PA Engineer
You will have the opportunity to provide software PA engineering support to the Software Product Assurance Section.
Please note that the opportunity is a 1-year contract and a part-time position.
- Contribute to the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy.
- Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of S/W PA programme.
- Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes.
- Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-conformance Review Boards and Software Review Boards.
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions.
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments.
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have professional experience on SW engineering and quality assurance.
- You have experience in the development, operation and maintenance of ESA ground segment facilities and some scientific background.
- You are familiar with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools.
- You have practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards.
- You have knowledge and proven experience in the following areas:
- Configuration management of complex systems.
- Software engineering and PA in critical applications.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have experience on ESA software engineering processes and standards.
- You have experience in tools as JIRA, Sonar, Confluence, Jenkins, Git, Nexus, Maven.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.