Software Support and Development Engineer
RHEA Group is currently recruiting a Software Engineer to support our Ground Segment Solutions and MOIS team in both RHEA Group and ESOC premises in Darmstadt, Germany.
You will be working closely with RHEA’s Development Team in Darmstadt on a number of major software enhancements that aim to widen the scope of our Software products and integrate the latest technologies.
RHEA Group’s MOIS product is an integrated set of software tools for spacecraft test and mission operation procedure preparation and execution. It is used by ESA on all current and upcoming missions and is also provided as a commercial product to the space industry. The software is used for more than 80 satellites. The Ground Segment Solutions team also provides developments in the area of satellite ground segment and operations for different customers in the space industry.
As a Software Development and Support Engineer, your envisaged tasks and activities include:
- Software development activities for applications and tools in the frame of RHEA’s space projects.
- Providing high quality technical user support to various spacecraft project and mission teams at ESA ESOC.
- Taking ownership of technical issues, and working closely with the Development Team to resolve more advanced issues where necessary
- Implementing mission-specific enhancements to the Rhea’s software products.
- Ensuring timely bug fixes and communication to customers such as ESA.
- Developing new capabilities and functionalities for the evolution of RHEA’s software products.
- University degree in Software Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in software development.
- Required experience using:
- Experience in design and development, database (SQL) and XML design, web services, user interface design.
- Experience in technical document writing – notably, user requirements, design documentation, and test documentation.
- Software product support and maintenance experience.
- A client-oriented, dynamic and proactive attitude and a willingness to provide user interaction and support.
- Excellent communications skills, with very good written and spoken English.
- Proven ability to work within a team.
- Previous experience working within the space sector will be advantageous.
- Desired experience using:
- MS Office and MS Office development (macros, interop)
- XML, WSDL
- MS Windows environment (registry, COM, etc.)
- Software Configuration Management (SCM) systems (e.g. SubVersion, Mercuria and Git)
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.