Spacecraft Operations Engineer (CryoSat-2)
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support to CryoSat-2 and Swarm Data-Handling subsystem. Additional requests will be foreseen to assume the responsibility and perform activities for additional subsystems or systems within the scope of general SOE services, including test, validation and operation of the Mission Control System, Mission Planning System, Simulator and other ground mission data systems.
- Preparation and execution of nominal and contingency flight operations procedures.
- Coordination of operations with ESA internal and external partners.
- Execution of Mission Planning.
- Production of procedures, validation test plans and reports for project specific software and systems (both Ground and Space related).
- Participation in systems test campaigns, training and simulation programmes.
- General flight control support service including on-call.
- Spacecraft performance monitoring and reporting on regular basis.
- Anomaly investigation and resolution.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline
- You have a strong technical background in Data Handling area.
- You have proven knowledge of hardware embarked on ESA spacecraft.
- You have a good understanding of real-time operating software.
- You have a broad knowledge and experience with modern software.
- You have experience with on-board software management principles.
- You have a good understanding of the PUS standard, the space-to-ground interface and on-board routing.
- You are able to develop basic software tools to support complex analysis and anomaly investigation.
- You are able to work in an organised manner, with good reporting skills and reliable deadline meeting.
- You are fluent in English.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have a former experience as Data Handling SOE.
- You are familiar with operational tools: MCS, Simulator, DB browser, MOIS or equivalent tool.
- You are familiar with SVT and flight procedures development.
- You are familiar with low Earth orbit satellites, including basic mission analysis and data handling observation scheduling aspects.
- You are familiar with other platform subsystems.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.