TEC Laboratories and Tests Facilities Coordinator
You will have the opportunity to provide technical coordination support for the laboratories basic services (e.g. maintenance, purchasing, inventory, follow up of actions related to the technical administration and Quality Management System), for the preparation of investment plans, the deployment of common tools and processes, the internal and external communication and reporting in relation to the Directorate’s laboratories and test facilities.
- Organise and coordinate basic services for the operations of the technical infrastructure and support the definition of a common set of technical services for the operations of the technical infrastructure
- Coordinate the deployment of common tools and processes for the management of the technical infrastructure
- Providing support for common technical/administrative tasks related to the operation of the TEC laboratories and the Test Centre
- Identify possible synergies and potential harmonisation of overlapping requests in the multi-year investment plans
- Coordinate and centralise the actions follow-up related to technical infrastructure reporting, outreach and visits for the TEC departments
- Coordinate the management of documentation and information related to the technical infrastructure and ensure all relevant information is timely broadcasted
- Coordinate and facilitate the Department definition of multi-year investment plans for the technical infrastructure of the department
- Support the Department Head and the BCAM for the timely delivery of laboratory investment and maintenance activities, reviewing the status of progress and taking remedial actions as necessary with associated industrial counterparts
- Ensure the Laboratory Inventory and Fixed Asset databases are populated with all technical data
- Support to the ISO accreditation / certification process in terms of preparing laboratory processes.
- Support the Department QMS Coordinator in the implementation and maintenance of an ISO 9001 compliant Management System, under the scope of certification
- Interface with site services concerning site infrastructure matters. Ensure requests and supervision of installation and maintenance works in the laboratory are competed in the required time
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a degree in an Engineering discipline within the domains of TEC engineering and testing laboratories.
- You have a minimum of 4 years of progressive professional experience
- You have knowledge of and consolidated work experience with business processes and tools used for the technical administration of laboratory activities
- You have knowledge of and proven working experience with web-based collaborative platforms that integrate with Microsoft Office
- You are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- You have proven working experience within organizations with processes managed by a QMS certification and/or technical accreditations
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to gain respect across highly technical teams
- You have a strong ability to meet deadlines in a complex professional environment and under demanding circumstances
- You have an interest in technology innovation, the ability to collect and understand new information, plus organisational and business sensitivity are required
- You have a proven ability in interacting with internal and external business partners of an intergovernmental organization similar to ESA
- You have experience in interacting and negotiating with internal customers and suppliers
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have knowledge and understanding of the core business of the Agency and specifically of the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality (TEC).
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.